CLE & Section Events
Updates and Board Certification Review
January 14-16, 2016
SAVE THE DATE JAN 14, 15 &16, 2016 … for our annual Essentials of Elder Law, Updates and Board Certification Review CLEs! Essentials of Elder Law is geared towards new attorneys in the field and paralegals . Our second and third days are geared towards more advanced topics and issues for more experienced practitioners. So whether you are just starting out or have been practicing in the area of elder law for a while this is the CLE event you do not want to miss. So save the dates, plan on joining your colleagues and earning all your CLE credits in one place.
- Day 1- Essentials of Elder Law-January 14th (Elder Law Fundamentals)
- Days 2 and 3 – Advanced Elder Law Topics, Annual Updates and Board Certification Review
- Portofino Resort Universal, Orlando
- Open to Attorneys and Paralegals
Download Brochure (pdf)
Section members can login or request a username
and password to login.
Join Our Section
Membership to The Florida Bar Elder Law Section is open to any licensed attorney interested in the
legal issues of the elderly in Florida.
PROFESSIONAL GUARDIANS CAN NOW JOIN AS AFFILIATES!
Bylaws of the Elder Law Section [PDF]
- Seminars on Elder Law Issues
- The Advocate-Section Magazine (3 per year)
- Free mentoring call every other month with CLE
- Speaking opportunities
- Publishing opportunities
- DCF Fair Hearing Subscriptions
- Committee Leadership Opportunities
- On-line membership directory
- Printed FL Board Certified Elder Law Attorney Directory
- Legislative & Administrative Advocacy
The section provides a newsletter -- The Advocate -- published three times a year. Members are
encouraged to submit articles to contribute to the publication.
Elder Law Section
Standards of Conduct
and Removal Procedures
Procedures for Removal from the Florida Bar Elder Law Section
BAR ELDER LAW SECTION STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
The Florida Bar Elder Law Section, in conjunction with the National Conference of Bankruptcy
Judges, the Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys,and the Business Law Section, is proudly bringing
this financial literacy program for seniors to Florida.
Members all over the state are presenting materials designed to inform seniors about credit and budgeting,
and to prevent those same seniors from being victimized through scams and identity theft. For more
information about this program please contact Jana McConnaughhay at
Fair Hearings Reported
We offer members a subscription to reported fair hearings regarding ICP Medicaid from the Department
of Children and Families.
Thank you to our sponsors